3 ‘Free’ Benefits of Qigong
Qigong is an ancient Chinese health care system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intention.
The word Qigong is made up of two Chinese words.
- Qi (pronounced “chee”) is the life force or vital-energy that flows through the body and all things in the universe.
- Gong (pronounced “gung”) means accomplishment, or skill that is cultivated through steady practice.
- Qigong (“chee gung”) means cultivating energy, it is a system practiced for health maintenance, healing and increasing vitality.
The National Qigong Association highlights the following benefits.
- Qigong is an integration of physical postures, breathing techniques, and focused intentions.
- Qigong can be a highly effective health care practice.
- People do Qigong to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds and reconnect with their spirit.
To find out more about the benefits, from the NQA, read more…
3 Benefits of Tai Chi & Qigong
- Boosts immunity: “Opening the flow of chi has not only had an effect on the number and severity of my colds,” reported one student, “but has improved the healing time of minor injuries to my knees and feet over the last five years.”
- Reduces heart rate and blood pressure: Another student reported, “By learning to control my energy and breath, I’ve normalized my blood pressure without medication.”
- Initiates the “relaxation response”: Many students report, “I feel both energized and calm.”
Join us in class and experience the difference it can make in your life.